Position title : Technical Custodian Instrument -DCS
Position status : LN
Position reports to : Instrument Team Lead
Department : Maintenance
Rotation pattern : 28/28or 14/14
Duties and responsibilities :
* Contributes to the success of Automation Projects by executing engineering tasks within budget, schedule, and quality requirements
* Identifies, and documents requirements using P&IDs, process descriptions and or existing logic
* Creates test specifications, simulations, and performs software/hardware tests
* Maintains a high level of standardization within the design, and execution of applications
* Originate, design, test, develop, and evaluate complex to highly complex hardware systems for supervisory, automated processing, and/or device level controls.
* Interpreting P&IDs & control narratives and creating and commissioning Ovation control strategies
* Tune and optimize plant processes as required. Tune PID loops for flow, temperature, pressure, level, etc. Optimize sequence logic and state machines to enhance the automation and robustness
* Troubleshooting, making enhancements and implementation of new control strategies
* Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues on the DCS as situations arise. This includes programming the DCS to solve or mitigate control strategy problems. May also include configuring the Historical system to record an event in more detail
* Providing automation support for various manufacturing systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers, Distributed Control Systems and Original Equipment Manufacturer platforms.
* Responsibilities will potentially include providing automation support on various shifts and remote off-hour coverage support for trouble call-out.
* Providing training and serving as a technical resource for junior engineers
* Designing solutions to ensure quality and stability of automation systems through future expansions, replacements, or upgrades.
* Using technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and information technology systems. Takes a lead role in installing and placing new equipment into operation.
* Develops solutions for automation problems. Oversees investigations of automation anomalies to prevent recurrence.
* Periodically reviews automation documents, performs preventive maintenance, and revises or develops automation Standard Operating Procedures.
* Leads the design of industrial facility control system hardware. Prepares I&C documents such as lists, reports, specifications, test documents, and datasheets.
Qualification & Training requirements
•Bachelor degreein Engineering
•DCS and SISrelated training and certificate
•PLC related training and certificateExperience
•8 years of relevant job experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
•5 years DCS and SIS system related work experience
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
•MS Office:-Excel –advanced
-Power Point -Intermediate
•English –upper intermediate (verbal & written)
•Proven supervisory skills
•Focus on continuous self-learning and improvement
•Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
•Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage cost data flow interfaces with each function.
•Demonstrable experience in the ability to prepare meaningful reports, in clear and concise English, utilizing information and data received from third parties, SAP (or equivalent system) and own analyses .