Position title : Instrument Technician
Position status : Expat/LN
Position reports to : Instrument Supervisor
Department : Maintenance
Rotation pattern : 28/28 or 7/7
Duties and responsibilities
* Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control operations in oil& gas facility.
* Tests accuracy of flowmeters and indicators, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, level transmitters.
* Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles, and cleans instruments, and replaces defective parts.
* Dissemble and reassemble instruments in accordance with standard procedure.
* Lubricate instruments and replace defective wiring and tubing.
* Calibrate all kind of instruments according to standard procedure and ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
* Record calibrations implemented, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
* Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and system.
* Responsibilities will potentially include providing support on various shifts and off-hour coverage support for trouble call-out.
Qualification & Training requirements
•Instrumentation or Electrical & Instrumentation EngineeringDegree or Diploma from Recognized Institute
•5years of relevant job experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
•3years’experiencein instrumentation related work Language proficiency, computer and software skills
•MS Office:-Excel –intermediate-Word –Intermediate-Power Point -Intermediate
•English –upper intermediate (verbal & written)
•Proven technical related skills
•Focus on continuous self-learning and improvement
•Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
•Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage cost data flow interfaces with each function.
•Demonstrable experience in the ability to prepare meaningful reports, in clear and concise English, utilizing information and data received from third parties, SAP (or equivalent system) and own analyses