Position title : Electrical Technician
Position status : Local
Position reports to : Electrical Supervisor
Department : Maintenance
Rotation pattern : 7/7
Duties and responsibilities
* Knowledgeable & competent electrician who will follow Permit to Work in accordance with Company’s Electrical Safety Rules and the general safety rules to ensure safe operation and maintenance of electrical apparatus on power network.
* To carry out repairs on various types of electrical equipment, which includes repairing or replacing defective parts, obtaining necessary suppliers, parts and tools as necessary and testing to ensure equipment functionality.
* To carryout planned and breakdown electrical maintenance work by electrical technicians ensuring that work is done according to Company’s specifications and standards/regulations.
* To identify and initiate necessary materials requisitions for replenishment of the stock to ensure adequate supplies of stores and spare parts required for maintenance and repair work in liaise with the Supervisor.
* To carry out preventive or routine maintenance and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment such as (UPS, switchgear, C.B, generators, transformer, HVAC, compressor, Gas turbine and LV/HV motors) instructed by the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor.
* To maintain up-to-date records of all maintenance work completed including work orders and maintenance log, describe the fault, work carried out and materials, time and manpower used, and record test results on various units for further reference.
* To contribute in updating and improving Maintenance Checklists, Procedures & Guidelines.
* To be proactive with a logical approach to challenges.
* To engage in new projects issues and upgraded equipment installation & Performance etc. follow-up.
* Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Qualification & Training requirements:
•Electrical EngineeringDegree or Diploma from Recognized Institute
•8-10 years of relevant experience maintaining electrical equipment within a large industrial plant, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
•Working knowledge of National Electric Codes
•Knowledge and experience Reading/preparing drawings of electrical circuits
•Knowledge and experience applying and interpreting results from common electrical measurement instruments (voltmeter, ammeter, ohmmeter, etc.)
•Knowledge and experience with electronic equipment, high pressure gas, processing equipment, pumps and reciprocating or gas turbine engines and compressors.
Computer and software skills
-Excel –advanced-Word –Intermediate-Power Point -Intermediate
•Proficiency in SAP system(Materials & Maintenance Modules)
•Proficiency in English verbal & written.Skills
•Good knowledge in electrical fundamentals, drawings and electrical testing.•Good knowledge in routine preventive maintenance for HV electrical equipment i.e. transformer, generator and motor etc.
•Good knowledge in power generation and distribution.
•Good knowledge in electrical fault finding & about protection relays.
•Good knowledge in PMS system.
•Good knowledge of the job on hand to evaluate the method statement and Job Safety Analysis for a smooth, safe and timely execution of work.
•Data gathering and analysis of the data for trouble shooting and identifying the root causes of failure to help restore the equipment into reliable operation.
•Familiar with ERP packageslike Maximo/SAP for Computerized Maintenance Management.