Apply for this job
Job ID: SES1167
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Ms Angela
Posted: 22 Nov 2020
Job and Role Profile
Reporting Relationships: Reporting To: Country Manager, RFM
Reporting Subordinates: Accounting & Admin Staff
Summary of qualifications
Pls state here any particular qualifications, abilities to perform specific tasks, skills or knowledge in any particular domains that should be there in the ideal candidate. - Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements and IFRS standards where required.
- Supervise the accounting and admin team and manage all accounting workflow through the department, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract invoicing and representative payee program.
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training in order to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Participate in the development of policies, procedures & internal controls for accounting operations. Implementing and managing successfully new accounting system and procedures.
- Responsible for driving the implementation of a new ERP system, when required
- Handle pay VAT, PAYE and Tax duties, including corporate tax.
- Monitor fixed asset activity in detail, generating depreciation and amortization entries.
- Perform stock control operations inclusive of random physical checks/counts on high value stock items, follow up with vendors on the status of stock and liaise with other departments’ personnel to ensure correctness and accuracy of stock operations.
- Establish and manage all procurement and logistics activities including possible management of vehicles and drivers
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary updates, ledger, account maintenance and data entry.
- Assure that all month-end adjusting entries inclusive of accruals, provisions, prepayments and depreciation are adequately accounted for in accounting records and financial statements.
Summary of competencies
- Seniority/ yrs of experience
- Types of industry
- Backgrounds you may even mention examples of target companies,
- Roles or job titles
- Country / Nationality/Language
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Audit
➢ Working Experience:
• 7 - 10 years
• Experience working in Telecommunication Sector or Construction field is preferred.
➢ Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic.
➢ Nationality: Iraqi – Living in Baghdad
➢ Computer Skills:
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office incl. Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Previous experience in ERPs & Accounting software implementation
• Experience in Microsoft Navision & Visual Dolphin is preferred
Business Related People Related Self - Related
☒Fostering Team Work
☒Planning & Organizing
Other Requirements (i.e., Location, Working Conditions, Mobility required) Working Location: Baghdad Office. Ability to randomly visit company’s WHs and regional offices nationwide.