Job ID: SES1164
Job Title: Production & Operations Accountant
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: Ms Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 01 Oct 2020
Position Title : Production & Operations Accountant
Purpose & Accountabilities:
· Deliver Finance support to the Production & Operations (P&O) departments of the Company
· Provide direct coaching/training to Iraqi local staff within the P&O Finance team and more broadly across the Finance and IT functions.
· The Production Accountant provides management information, business planning and appraisal, business analysis, decision support, contract management support and ensures proper controls around processes and activities.
· The role is a unique opportunity for a Finance professional looking to gain experience in an operational environment and develop skills across a broad range of finance competencies.
· Recognized strong business partner with the right balance to support and drive business goals while providing challenge from a risk and compliance perspective.
· First point of call for all Finance related matters in AOR while leveraging other Finance and the Company departments as required.
· Coordinate the annual Business Plan and budgeting process in AOR. Promote budget transparency & ownership across the business, advising management of any threats or deviations to plan and recommend/monitor remedial actions.
· Ensure the business control environment is adhered to and operational, contractual & budgetary controls are in place, as well as financial controls & controls associated with RtP process.
· Provide quality and timely Financial Management Information (including VOWD, Commitments & Latest Estimates) to the business.
· Provide Finance input and support for maintenance projects to ensure value growth in line with business strategy and goals.
· Support contract set-up process in AOR from the beginning of the contracting process to close out with vendors. Be the main interface, pre- and post-award, between Treasury and vendors contracted within AOR on payment considerations, including discussions on special payment terms and financing offers. Build comprehensive understanding of contracts to effectively protect contractual financial value
· Actively support the company integration (Iraqisation) and direct coaching of local Iraqi staff, take a leading role in standardization, simplification and improvement of work processes.
Skills & Requirements
· Need to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing business environment. Proven ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
· Have a strong interest in coaching others and the patience and dedication to train staff regardless of starting level. Ability to work effectively with diverse, multidiscipline teams from all levels of the organization.
· Prior experience in Production Accounting or in other business facing roles is an advantage with experience in budget preparation.
· Strong computer and ERP (SAP) systems skills particularly with proven ability to take financial data and use it to produce clear, simple, explanatory reports for non-financial staffand being an advanced MS Excel user.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Arabic with capability to influence and deliver through others.
· University Accounting graduate with minimal 10 years experience in Oil&Gas and 5 years relevant experience in business facing finance roles
· Effective communication and relationship management is critical. Individual should promote the development of a strong cost management culture and is able to prioritize effectively.
· Demonstrate courage to challenge respectfully; strong influencing and team working skills to work within a multi-discipline and cultural team.
· Transition of Finance in the Business organization and migrations to Finance Operations
· Main contributor to localization of activities
· Multiple functions in the JV and Project Teams
· Development of fit for purpose work processes suitable for the company.
· Work effectively to fulfil direct responsibilities of managing the increasing day to day work and coach team members to raise their competencies.