Job ID: SES1163
Job Title: SAP Finance Business Analyst
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: Ms Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 01 Oct 2020
Position Title : SAP Finance Business Analyst
Purpose & Accountabilities:
· Deliver and support SAP technical solutions to the departments of the company
· Company supporting financials, procurement and plant maintenance
· Provide direct coaching/training to Iraqi local staff within the Finance teams and more broadly across the Company directorates using SAP and connected applications.
· The SAP Finance Business Analyst position is accountable for the Finance and Security aspect of the SAP solution deployed in the company. This includes ensuring the SAP solution is kept up to date with company’s business needs, monitoring company process health to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and embedding the current SAP Finance functionality as it is designed to be used.
· The SAP Finance Business Analyst will be company’s outward face of Finance SAP in global forums and act in the capacity of company SAP Finance Focal across Shell Global SAP communities. The position will ensure solution changes and functionally developments that may impact (or be of use to) company are absorbed correctly.
· The SAP Finance Business Analyst will own all SAP Finance and Security Change Requests and Data Requests from beginning to end, be accountable for testing all global and local changes in the Finance SAP area and accountable for the upkeep of all SAP Finance Support Documentation such as training material and work instructions.
· The position actively supports company integration (Iraqisation), and will play a key role in coaching and developing Iraqi secondee colleagues and creating a culture of value based decisions within the wider Finance Directorate. The position provides direct and daily supervision and coaching of local Iraqi staff, and will take a leading role in standardization, simplification and improvement of work processes to ensure quality SAP support to the business.
Skills & Requirements
· Need to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing business environment. Also need to know when and how to effectively take firm positions.
· Experience in training, or directly supporting inexperienced SAP users in the Finance area at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to handle concurrent tasks with the appropriate priority. Able to demonstrate prior examples of dedication to meet the customer requirements and expectations. Able to take ownership of problems and respond in a proactive manner where appropriate.
· Have a strong interest in coaching others and the patience and dedication to train staff despite language barriers and regardless of starting level. Ability to work effectively with diverse, multidiscipline teams from all levels of the organization.
· Good problem solving skills and English communication skills (verbally and writing).
· Strong communication skills
· Effective interpersonal skills with capability to influence and deliver through others
· Strong Customer and Stakeholder focus
· SAP FI/CO module configuration and understanding of the associated business processes.
· Preferably 5 years experience working in a SAP support or implementation team specifically in the Finance and Projects (FI/CO/PS) areas. SAP Blueprint (Shell SAP ERP) and Shell Upstream knowledge is a definite advantage.
· Preferably an education at degree level (MSc, BSc, or an equivalent professional qualification) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, IT or a related discipline.
· Effective communication and relationship management is critical.
· Demonstrate courage to challenge respectfully; strong influencing and team working skills to work within a multi-discipline and cultural team.
· Main contributor to localization of activities
· Development of fit for purpose systems and work processes suitable for company.
· Helping develop SAP skills amongst Iraqi employees