Job ID: SES1139
Job Title: Production & Operations Accountant
Job Type: Contract
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 01 Jul 2020
· Recognized strong business partner with the right balance to support and drive business goals while providing challenge from a risk and compliance perspective.
· First point of call for all Finance related matters in AOR while leveraging other Finance and the Company departments as required.
· Coordinate the annual Business Plan and budgeting process in AOR. Promote budget transparency & ownership across the business, advising management of any threats or deviations to plan and recommend/monitor remedial actions.
· Ensure the business control environment is adhered to and operational, contractual & budgetary controls are in place, as well as financial controls & controls associated with RtP process.
· Provide quality and timely Financial Management Information (including VOWD, Commitments & Latest Estimates) to the business.
· Provide Finance input and support for maintenance projects to ensure value growth in line with business strategy and goals.
· Support contract set-up process in AOR from the beginning of the contracting process to close out with vendors. Be the main interface, pre- and post-award, between Treasury and vendors contracted within AOR on payment considerations, including discussions on special payment terms and financing offers. Build comprehensive understanding of contracts to effectively protect contractual financial value
· Actively support the company integration (Iraqisation) and direct coaching of local Iraqi staff, take a leading role in standardization, simplification and improvement of work processes.
Skills & Requirements
· Need to be flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing business environment. Proven ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
· Have a strong interest in coaching others and the patience and dedication to train staff regardless of starting level. Ability to work effectively with diverse, multidiscipline teams from all levels of the organization.
· Prior experience in Production Accounting or in other business facing roles is an advantage with experience in budget preparation.
· Strong computer and ERP (SAP) systems skills particularly with proven ability to take financial data and use it to produce clear, simple, explanatory reports for non-financial staff and being an advanced MS Excel user.
· Effective interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Arabic with capability to influence and deliver through others.
· University Accounting graduate with minimal 10 years experience in Oil&Gas and 5 years relevant experience in business facing finance roles