Job ID: SES1094
Job Title: Process Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: Ms Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 09 Oct 2019
Job Purpose: Provide process engineering expertise and support to the operating units/plants for optimization of production, troubleshooting, conducting unit performance tests, investigating trips/upsets, and conducting reliability analysis of equipment, liaising with discipline engineers to improve reliability.
Responsible for providing technology support, troubleshooting, and trip investigation.
· Provide daily support to the operations shift in troubleshooting and process optimization
o Review process operating data and discussion with control room operators
o Maximize production capacity
o Minimize trip frequency
o Provide daily, monthly, and yearly trended monitoring of process and utility units
· Minimize environmental impact of Company operations
o Minimize flaring and optimize fuel gas consumption
o Minimize waste generation
· Perform Proactive Technical Monitoring, reviewing unit surveillance sheets and use of Operating Envelopes
· Issue weekly and monthly reports detailing production limiters, production trends, optimization opportunities, and equipment reliability analysis.
· Initiate plant changes for process improvement (management of change)
· Lead the execution of items from the Major Threats & Opportunities database
· Investigate operational trips and upsets with root-cause analysis.
· Improve base layer control of plant by having control loops in automatic instead of manual.
· Provide support for Instrumented Protective Function (IPF) testing
· Evaluate equipment reliability, identify ‘bad actors’ and apply defect elimination together with discipline engineers
· Plan and execute unit capacity tests
· Support the handover process of new projects, including Pre Start up Safety Review and commissioning support as necessary
· Participate in project activities as required (SIL, HAZOP, 3D Review,..)
· Actively promote the Iraq development programme
· Report on process operation and optimization with limited information available from data loggers before a DCS is installed.
· Transition an organization to international standards of process engineering & optimization
· Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and with Project Team
· Working closely with counterparts, including more senior staff in Company, to help in competency development through coaching and instruction of all employees
· Language challenges
· Support on the flawless integration of rehabilitated, rejuvenated and newly constructed facilities into a company still under transition
· Relative inexperience of team members
· Development of fit for purpose work processes suitable for less mature JV organization.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Degree in chemical engineering or related engineering discipline with at least 5 years process engineering experience in a hydrocarbon production or processing facility OR
· In the absence of a degree, at least 8 years experience in an operational environment including commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting in a hydrocarbon production or processing facility, with a minimum of at least 3 years in a senior role.
· A strong understanding of process engineering for gas plants.
· General broad understanding of Oil and Gas maintenance activities.
· Previous experience in using quantitative risk assessment to prioritize operations and maintenance activities.
· Operational experience with optimization of compression, NGL extraction, and gas treating.
· Knowledge and application of process control to improve plant stability and operability