Job ID: SES1090
Job Title: Senior Geomatics Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: Ms Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 09 Oct 2019
POSITION TITLE: Senior Operations Surveyor
The Senior Operations Surveyors overall responsibility is to supervise survey projects and manage geospatial information, on behalf of the company internal clients. A key challenge will be to build local Geomatics capabilities within the company.
- Foster a culture of safe survey practice, including mentoring, encouraging and leading local and international survey contractors in their continuing development of the same;
- Implement and adhere to the requirements of the HSE Management System and ensure compliance with responsibilities and accountabilities summarized in the HSE Policy;
- Contribute to the development of the Team's HSE plan; implement and follow up of specific HSE activities, targets and action plans;
- Manage and supervise Onshore Survey Operations. This will include including acting as Company Site Representative;
- Liaise with asset engineering and operations functions to ensure safe, timely and efficient execution of survey operations;
- Apply the Geomatics Technical Specifications to work executed by contractors; - To implement and maintain mapping and data standards for the assets;
- To ensure spatial integrity of the geo-information for assets (operations, infrastructure & metocean) in relevant databases and derived map data;
- To provide support and guidance for integration of Contractor CAD and GIS data; - To drive implementation of the pipeline data model (APDM) for all relevant data;
- To implement standards in the form of data templates for acquisition, processing and cartographical output;
- To maintain consistent approach to metadata and work towards ensuring all data is accompanied by relevant metadata;
- Manage and develop competency in onshore survey operations technologies and techniques in the Company;
- Management, supervision and development of local staff (coaching and training, skills management, etc.);
- Coordinate the preparation of survey reports and maps in consultation with relevant contract and company staff. Quality control all survey project plans and final reports, data and maps and ensure that improvements are applied to new projects;
- Ensure Geo-information integrity for all data acquisition or positioning activities and that acquired data are stored in the relevant Geo-information databases;
- Deputise for, and support the Chief Surveyor.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS/SPECIAL CHALLENGES:
The project challenge is significant in what is a dynamic environment both in terms of potential growth and in terms of the cultural, technical and social environment in which it will take place. The incumbent will need to adopt a pragmatic approach to the definition of this work and be prepared to manage a wide range of uncertainties.
- Working as key leading member of a Geomatics Team operating in a remote location;
- Local Geomatics capability development (with local contractors and in the Company organisation)
- Opportunity to deploy leading edge spatial tools and technology within a fast growing organisation; - Demanding schedules, continually changing;
- Working with numerous, internal and external customer groups;
- Need to balance and work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS and COMPENTENCIES REQUIRED:
Position requires a Geomatics professional, with experience including a minimum of 8 years in Survey and Geographic Information support. Candidate must have practical experience of modern survey systems, digital mapping, and understanding of complex projects and of difficult operating environments, a sound understanding of geodetic basis and a commitment to applying the highest HSE standards.
Possess a university degree in Geodesy / Geomatics Engineering or related Geoscience degree; Experience in the use of all onshore survey equipment including total stations and RTK;
Experience in implementation of UPPT18 Standards and Shell Group Geo-Information Strategy or similar;
Skilled in ArcGIS, CAD/AutoCAD, data modelling, metadata concepts and implementation; Knowledgeable in development and engineering data workflows;
Experience in data acquisition and quality control.
Experience at supervisory level.