Job ID: SES1043
Job Title: Translator / Document Controller
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: MS Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 18 Feb 2019
Translator / Document Controller
•Read through original materials which may include technical reports, official letters, legal, scientific & administrative documents, memorandums, presentations, surveys and studies, rewriting it in the target language, and ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained;
•Use Translation tools and to ensure consistency of translation within documents;
•Use specialist dictionaries and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used;
•Research legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation;
•Liaise with end-users to discuss any unclear points;
•Use the internet and online tools as research tools throughout the translation process;
Performing Documents Control:
· Document control management for all documentations, including but not limited to, company Policies, Letters, Weekly Reports, Document Transfer Records, incoming & outgoing letters
· Maintain files and records; securing information by completing database backups;
· Documents receiving, distributing, archiving, recording, tracking, reviewing, coding and editing etc.
· Receive, route and distribute correspondences from/to end-user departments
· Document storage duties that will involve scanning documents, copying documents, physically or electronically filing documents, organizing documents and ensuring documents are saved and safeguarded from theft or destruction
· To maintain books and records and retain the company managerial documents under systemic control and orderly for future reference.
•Other tasks directly delegated by company Management
•Other tasks delegated by Line Manager or Dept. Manager, with proper prioritizing
Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.