Job ID: SES1040
Job Title: Civil Engineer P& E ( Closed )
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: MS Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 16 Feb 2019
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Structural engineering from an accredited Technical college or university
- Fluent in English (Speaking and writing)
- 5-10 years of increasingly responsible civil and structural engineering experience, including working at site in construction and with engineering contractors
- Sound experience in designing of Civil & Structural aspects of oil production installations with the following proficiency levels:
- Knowledge of DCAF and DEP’s and International standards
- Knowledge of the HSSE framework
- Good communication skills, flexible and self-confident.
- Proficiency in report preparation (technical reporting / drawings etc)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of policies, procedures and best practices in the areas his/her discipline.
- Good understanding of the needs of a project / engineering environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good planning skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the HSSE framework, DCAF, COMPANY's standards philosophy and international standards and codes
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles of management and supervision of contractors and performance evaluation.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other specialized applications related to area of assignment.
Accountabilities and Requirements
- The Civil Engineer will be responsible for Civil and Structural design aspects.
- The Civil Engineer will apply the Standards Philosophy and DCAF requirements in projects.
- Implement the DCAF requirements and liaise with the discipline TA-2/3, when necessary;
- Assuring consistent application of standards and manages the control of any justifiable deviations;
- Identifies & resolves non-compliances regarding deviations from safety standards and the engineering codes and standards. He works with and through others to resolve civil/structural issues.
- Responsibility for high quality Civil/Structural engineering deliverables, prepared by the FEED / EPCM contractor during FEED and Detail Engineering for Brown Field and Green Field project activities;
- Assist in the preparations of ITTs, BOD and other documents.
- The Civil Engineer shall, within his competency and skill-set, review key and critical design documentation, drawings, vendor documents etc. If not within is competency he shall seek the appropriate review support within the Civil Engineering team.
- Communicate with the team members and specialist on technical issues that require expert advice and / or TA3, TA2 or TA1 approval.
- Participate in technical and safety reviews (e.g. HAZOP, Model Reviews during detailed design, Constructability Reviews etc.) to ensure HSE compliance and technical integrity in design;
- Accountable for the quality of technical work and for the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- The Civil Engineer understands that in his role he is always part of a multidisciplinary design and engineering environment.
- The Civil Engineer will therefore proactively liaise with the other members in the engineering team.
- The Civil Engineer works closely together with the team members in the design, the construction and commissioning phase of projects.
- Pro-actively engage with key stakeholder for timely approvals at each stage of the project
- The Civil Engineer will work with and through third parties such as design contractors, EPCM contractors, Suppliers, Manufacturers, site sub-contractors.
- Liaise effectively with other functions (Projects, Project Services, HSE, finance, legal, Maintenance and Operations, e.g.) through close networking;
- Perform a variety of complex and difficult professional duties in support of COMPANY’s Engineering functions.
- Review documents produced by contractors
- Capture lessons learned
- Execute the civil/structural scope in projects, review project specification, refine the project’s scope and execution plans for the rehabilitation, evaluate execution technical proposals, and ensure that the contractors will carry out all work for the flawless start- up of the rehabilitated facilities.
- Support and provide input to project services
- Ensure Contractor’s and vendors compliance with Company Standards
- Focus continual improvement through effective QMS on Company Projects.