Job ID: SES1031
Job Title: Social Performance (SP) Lead
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: MS Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 04 Feb 2019
Lastly, the incumbent should have mastery relationship building capabilities combined with effective influencing skills.
Accountabilities and Requirements
· Obtain a thorough understanding of the projects overall as well as area specific activities.
· To understand the possible impact of the projects on the communities in the area to assess the social context (demographics, socio-economic conditions, cultural values) within the communities impacted by COMPANY’s business activities.
· To provide early warning and proactive mitigation for potential community disruptions to COMPANY businesses.
· To build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in COMPANY including contractors and sub-contractors.
· To build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders in the province and other relevant parties like NGOs (international and domestic), and regional organizations
· To develop, own and implement the COMPANY SP strategy and plans. These include working seamlessly with contractors and sub-contractors.
· To own and proactively implement COMPANY SP guidelines, policy and frameworks
· To manage the COMPANY community grievances process proactively, and participate in the resolution of those grievances as required.
· To understand and update the social context around COMPANY, identify value-adding community needs (socio-economic) and put in place a process that allows external and internal proposals to deliver benefits to the communities.
· To own and manage community monitoring programmes throughout COMPANY, and implement periodical community site visits/regular engagements
· Manage and implement a Social Investment strategy and plan that COMPANY will undertake with the communities and other 3rd parties.
· To manage a team of existing Community Liaison Officers (x2) in order to deliver the Social Performance Strategy and Plan, including Social Investment, including the development of meaningful Social Performance KPIs.
· Manage the Social component of the ongoing and future environmental and social impact assessments.
· Set-up and manage the Basrah Development Foundation, a World-class Development Foundation (BDF) that creates sustainable, scalable social enterprises (private sector development) as a mean to provide long-term social benefits to Iraq
· Partnership management:
o Company Donation Committee
o Basrah Development Foundation
§ Provincial Council
§ Chamber of Commerce
§ Local/International NGOs
· Embassies and other potential donors