Job ID: SES1029
Job Title: Senior Materials & Inspection Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: MS Hawraa
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 04 Feb 2019
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Materials Science, Metallurgical or equivalent, preferably with specialization in Material Selection, Corrosion assessment & fitness for service.
- TA2 assessed Expertise in brownfield project execution & experienced throughout project life-cycle (Engineering to Start-up support).
- Experienced as an asset Material & Corrosion / Integrity engineer is an added advantage.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Material selection, corrosion assessment, welding, and inspection, related activities in oil and gas production, transportation or processing systems and equipment.
- Candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision and be self-guided and self-motivated.
- Emphasis is placed on
1) teamwork as well as individual contribution and delivery of value to business.
2) Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
3) Applied knowledge of HSSE framework, DCAF etc., and deep knowledge in DEPs DEM1, DEM 2 and international standards
4) Good communication skills, Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
5) An HSSE driven mind set.
6) Experience in working in harsh geographical and /or technical environments (e.g. temperature extremes) is desirable.
7) The Material & Corrosion engineer is expected to have knowledge to mastery level in at least two of the key discipline area competencies as indicated below:
a. Material & Corrosion, Welding.
b. Field Inspection
c. Integrity & Repair Assessments
* Working knowledge of all relevant Contract and HSE regulations including procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
* Strong technical foundation with the ability to work independently, as well as challenge and support others.
* Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to provide innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information
Key Competences required:
- Material & Corrosion JG03 competency profile based on Group CBD.
The main purpose of the role is to provide Material & corrosion, Inspection & Integrity support to projects in COMPANY, the accountabilities include:
- The Senior Material & corrosion Engineer is someone with a background in material selection, welding, corrosion assessment, corrosion management, failure /repair analysis, paints & coatings, cathodic protection, integrity assessment, inspection, and risk management to provide services to COMPANY compression assets, pipeline, NGL facilities and Storage Terminal re-hab and new projects.
- To be a service provider of first choice with a clear added value for Material & Corrosion and Integrity Management services. These services can include: Material Selection, Corrosion assessment & monitoring, Risk-based Inspection strategy development, Specific applied inspection technology know-how, welding and repair methodology support, rehab scope challenge, support to risk-based decision-making, and asset assessment in a due diligence role.
- To lead or participate in equipment related initiatives concerning integrity, reliability, technology deployment, repair vs replacement analysis, and remaining life assessments, etc.
- Advise projects on all Materials & Corrosion, Inspection matters relating to the design, selection, specification and performance of equipment in the asset - focused on realising project specific HSE, fit for purpose, integrity, and cost.
- Review work carried out by external consultants, inspection agencies and / or contractors. Provide discipline authority to definition of maintenance and inspection plans and strategies to ensure technical integrity of new and the existing assets.
- Inspection & Repair consultation on various inspection methods, technology gate keeping and analysis and interpretation of inspection results.
- Consultation on various repair methods, welding, and remediation and specify methods & QA/QC requirements for repair /replacements.
- Establish competency requirements / profiles for both the team and Sub contractor site technical support personnel.
- Interface with other discipline authorities as required. Monitor and reports compliance to DEM1/2 assessment and Closure plans.
- Supporting the implementation of fit for purpose designs for both brownfield and greenfield sites within an organization that has had limited exposure to training and new technologies.