Job ID: SES10
Job Title: Superintendent - Construction Civil
Job Type: Contract
Consultant: Mrs Angela
Sector: Oil & Gas
Posted: 12 Sep 2021
Description: Iraqi Only
Work Location: Basrah
Superintendent - Construction Civil
- Responsible for supervising construction activities of company and Subcontractor trades personnel related to a discipline. Maintains the highest quality standards while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Ensure that all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company Health, Safety, and Environmental excellence policy.
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Regularly participate in HSE meetings, toolbox talks, and daily jobsite walks.
- Direct all field personnel including those of construction contractors to achieve completion of the project on schedule, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Ensure that each reporting supervisor is capable of performing their allotted scope of work.
- Contribute to construction schedule and 6-weeks look-ahead, understand the project plans and specifications, identify and solve problems, order materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Maintain positive working relationship with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for subordinates and identify construction Supervisors with capacity to be promoted to Superintendent Level.
- Implement standardized construction work processes, procedures, manuals and systems and create a system of control in each specific area.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure that staff are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the project and company’s needs.
- Ensure that all supervisors understand the construction KPI’s and their personal KPI’s, and strive to achieve these.
- Understands the systems turnover plan and sequence and ensures that the work is performed accordingly.