Job title : Wells Drilling engineer
Department : Wells
Work Schedule : 14/14 Rotation
Report to : Wells Engineering/Operation Team Leader
* Verify Well design and planning is in compliance with international standards
* Assess well design and operation requirements on well construction projects, including Front End well design calculations and simulations (Wellcat, Stresscheck, Compass, etc.).
* Prepare well proposals, barrier drawings, verify Well Technical Specifications, prepare and review drilling and workover programs, cost estimates, trajectories and targets for every well.
* Prepare project supporting documentation e.g. Well Control Contingency Plan, Relief Well Drilling Plan.
* Provide engineering support for formal Deviations to plans and provide assured program amendments, e.g. casing setting depth change, as required.
* QAQC Contractor daily reports DDOR, EDM, Compass, TVD/performance etc., prepare daily summaries, print performance graphs, invoicing and time sheets etc.
* Confirming wells delivered to contract quality specifications.
* Maintain well barrier status information, certification of equipment and personnel, plan and record any deviation.
* Collate all data for internal and external reporting.
* Identification of Materials management, co-ordination of Purchase Orders and inventory control, material supply and service contract management including logistics support from manufacture to delivery in Majnoon
* Responsible for material supplier QAQC and follow-up on Quality non-conformances.
* Support project execution strategy including: Contracts, Budgets, Organization, Well Concept, Performance Improvement Plans
* Support well operations team with contract management, After Action Review (AAR) sessions, cost/performance tracking, drilling sequence management/optimization
* Hold weekly performance AAR/planning with contractor, prepare weekly performance reports
* Prepare/maintain Drilling sequence and schedule updates for optimization and endorsement
* Staff Development: Mentoring & coaching of Iraqi Wells Engineers
* Follow management instruction for Wells department duties
Qualification & Training Requirements
•B.Sc.Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
•At least 3years’experience of accomplishment in a similar position.
Language Proficiency,Computer and Software Skills :
•Fluency in English and effective communication (verbal/written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
•At least Intermediate on working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
•Good drilling software skills