Position title : Shift Supervisor – Power
Position status : LN
Position reports to : Power Station Supervisor
Department : Maintenance/ Power Generation and Distribution
Rotation pattern : 28/28
Duties and responsibilities :
* Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
* Manage, supervise and provide accountability operations of CAT Diesel power generator station, its auxiliary systems, powerhouse facility, paralleling and electrical distribution plant; including the fuel tank farm, fuel distribution, station electrical services, plant ventilation system, control consoles and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Fire & Gas system during shift charge duration.
* Take appropriate actions to ensure safe, efficient and sustainable plant reliability. Restore the plant operations as & when there is any trip/outage of the Engines, auxiliary and Electrical and control System as soon as possible.
* Supervise and manage field operator and coordinate with maintenance team members and CPF load demand centers.
* Conducts periodic inspections of Diesel Power Generator Station and Electrical and control System.
* Responsible for the condition of the machinery in operation; responsible for having units available when called upon for load; responsible for the operation of Diesel Power Plant within environmental and regulatory requirements and constraints.
* Operate and monitor paralleling and main medium voltage switchgear systems, with local and remote monitor and metering capabilities, SCADA and control systems, alarm response to ensure maximum system reliability.
* Responsible for the overall physical appearance and condition of equipment, buildings and grounds.
* Inspects operational activities for safety precautions and instructs employees against occupational hazards; responsible for employee conduct and compliance with all safety policies, regulations and compliance with HSE Procedure, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
* Supervises the maintenance of plant records and prepares periodic and special activity reports.
* Responds to emergency calls regarding plant equipment breakdowns and unit outages.
* Maintain log and record keeping, equipment readings, inspections and testing.
* Scheduling daily maintenance action, plant configuration changes and varying power demand levels.
* To ensure Safe isolation, normalization and scheduled changeover of equipment.
* Monitoring the parameter of critical equipment of plant and immediately reporting of abnormalities.
Qualification & Training requirements
•Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical trade
•Minimum of 10-year experience in Operation of Diesel power Generator station preferably CAT make,20MW and above capacity, its auxiliary, control, power evacuation, transmission and distribution systems.
•International exposure to with working multi-cultural teams working in International Oil & gas companiespreferred.
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
•Strong computer and standard software experience (MS Office, E-Mail, CMMS, etc.)
•Experience using SAP CMMS systems
•English –Intermediate Level or upper (verbal & written)
•Experience in operation & maintenance of CAT Diesel Generation sets, High Voltage & Low Voltage Electrical power generation, transmission and distribution Systems and Equipment.
•Extensive knowledge in Electrical Safety & Electrical Safety Operating Procedures.
•Promotes teamwork and actively participates in quality improvement process.
•Promotes safety awareness and complies with all applicable safety procedures and regulations.
•Proven motivational, supervisory skills along with communication and presentation skills.
•Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
•Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage on Electrical/Mechanical maintenance with operation & other engineering disciplines