The Control Room Operator will operate the Plant utilising the SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) with all related equipment, in accordance with the RO Plant Operation and Maintenance Manual, Integrated Management system and terms and conditions of the O&M contract (quantity and quality of water production, occupational health and safety and environmental best practices).
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Control Room Operator will have one Field Operator under his supervision and management.
1. Operate the Plant utilizing the SCADA system to ensure plant performance in accordance with the O&M contract: requested quantity and quality of the product.
2. Operate the Plant according to IMS work instructions and procedures in force
3. Operate the Plant according to the O&M (Operation and Maintenance) manual
4. Ensure the sufficient availability of all required plant chemicals at all times
5. Report to the Operation Manager and interface with O&M colleagues regarding daily business activities
6. Is involved in the Permit to work system, at least to release equipment from service and/or as Issuer and ideally as Safety Controller.
7. Identify, analyze and control plant problems promptly to prevent loss in production and water quality
8. Log all daily / hourly events (backwashes, failures, process changes…) and ensure data accuracy particularly during special events, problems, trips… (print screens, trends to help for decision)
9. Ensure good overall shift team performance when on duty
10. Perform any duties in the field when required and/or requested (particularly during “day” shift)
11. Perform basic water quality analyses e.g. turbidity, conductivity, SDI, etc. when required or requested
12. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures at all times (EHS, Quality, HR, finance, etc.)
13. Work overtime when required and instructed by Management and within the realms of his possibility.
14. Train Field Operators in all aspects of Control Room Operator’s position
15. Ensure excellent housekeeping at all times
16. Perform any reasonable duty/instruction from Management promptly and accurately
17. Protect company property with good decision making and swift actions
18. Insure effective operation of the shift by monitoring the performance of the Operators
• Accredited and recognized technical diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of relevant practical experience in automated water treatment plant operations
• Reverse Osmosis experience and operation is a plus.
The candidate must be capable of:
• Carrying out a prompt diagnosis of RO and pre-treatment process problems and corrective action
• Using portable laboratory analyzers and good interpretation of operational results
• Understanding and determining causes of malfunctions in the entire process
• Understanding and following oral and written instructions accurately
• Performing good time management and work planning
• Being flexible and a dedicated team player
• Working independently and taking decisions
• Demonstrating initiative by good anticipation
• Working shifts (24h/7days)
• Communicating effectively
• Punctual, reliable and honest
• Demonstrating good problem solving ability and attention to detail
The candidate should have good knowledge of:
• Spoken and written English is a must
• SCADA utilization, Automated Processes
• Water treatment and RO desalination
• Basic laboratory analyses (temperature, conductivity, pH, iron, SDI etc.)
• Mechanical and electrical equipment, water quality monitoring instruments
• Safe use and handling of water treatment Chemicals
• Relevant Health and Safety, Basic First Aid