Position title : PTW Coordinator
Position status : LN
Position reports to : Operations Supervisor
Department : Operation
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and responsibilities
* Provision of Supervision, support and direction in all daily (PTW) activities to assure work is being carried in accordance with HSE guidelines, PTW and all other relevant company procedures.
* Assist with coordination and forward planning to ensure that all permit requirement are pre-planned ready for start of next day’s work.
* Assist operations, maintenance & contractor personnel in identifying the required permits/certificates for the work. Must have a good understanding of P&ID’s, PFD’s and plant operations to assist in identifying permits required.
* Participate in planning meetings for all major shutdown work.
* Responsible to ensure there are adequate supplies of permits. Monitors and controls locks, keys and associated devices for performing isolations
* Liaise with the work performing parties at the planning phase to complete the Permit Review/Screening to ensure appropriate level of risk assessment is performed.
* Identify activities that conflict with other work and that hazards are identified and steps are being undertaken to analyze and implement mitigations.
* Coordinate the PTW approval process and issuance of Permits.
* Maintain a PTW / SIMOPS board showing the location of all work/SIMOPS activities detailing any clashes that may exist with other activities
* Tracks work permits through the entire life cycles from initiation to completion /close-out and advise line supervisor for overdue or expired permits, certificates, forms and maintain records and hard copies of all PTW documentation as per document retention policy.
* Ensure record keeping requirements are met. Maintains daily permit log, listing permit types issues, location and scope of work.
* Coordinates and participates in work permit co-ordination meeting and contributes meaningfully during the review meetings.
* Participate in PTW audits and incident and near miss investigations that are associated with Permit to Work process when nominated by Line management.,
* Providing a quality check on the completion of permits and associated certificates/documents and ensuring all the necessary signatures/approvals have been obtained and informing the concerned PTW stakeholders of any potential conflicts.
* Ensures a PTW tracking system is in place. Keeps track of valid work permits and are closed, cancelled or renewed as the case maybe.
* Ensures proper records of PTW audits are maintained and track the closure of action items emerging from such audits.
* Identify ways to improve PTW process and system regarding safety, effectiveness & efficiency and propose improvements to Line management
Qualification & Training requirements
•Minimum 6 years experiences gained in the Oil and Gas operations work environment with at least 3 years relevant experience in managing work permit systems in greenfield/brownfield activities.
•University Degree in engineering or equivalent relevant technical discipline(Petrochemical Engineering , Fuel and Power engineering , Chemical Engineering , Oil and Gas production Engineering).
•Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite –Word, Excel, Power point
•Excellent written and verbal English communication
•Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills,
•Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals.
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
•English –upper intermediate (verbal & written