Position title : Production Operations Technician –Wells
Position status : Local
Position reports to : Production Shift Supervisor
Department : Operation
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and responsibilities ::
* Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the wells, well pads and associated facilities
* Supervise and co-ordinates all the production activities on the Well Pad areas to meet production and work targets in a safe and efficient manner
* Monitors and checks wells operating conditions on site in accordance with set schedules, including taking samples, recording readings, looking for leaks, checking running conditions of equipment and bleeding annulus pressures.
* Manages chemical injection rates, local stock levels and chemical injection reporting
* Carries out first level maintenance and housekeeping duties as required, including greasing, replacement of minor parts of equipment etc.
* Prepares equipment for maintenance activities as per maintenance schedule
* Ensures a high standard of housekeeping is maintained on site
* Assist as required the wireline /rig-less intervention jobs of service companies on wellheads
* Ensure continuous availability of wellhead control panel hydraulic oil, Nitrogen , chemicals and top up as needed.
* Check wells on line including choke adjustments, wells closing and opening
* Carryout light maintenance such as valve greasing, valves stock testing and pressure gauges replacement.
* To have skilful knowledge in operating the MPFM-Multi Phase Flow Meter and the physics behind the concept
* Has skill in Wellhead Integrity check, operate start-up/ shutting of wells.
Qualification & Training requirement ;;
* Secondary school followed by at least Two -year technical institute education in one of the following specialties: Oil production /Operations and control /Pumps and Turbines /Gas technology.
•5 years of overall general work experience within the oil & gas industry in a field-based position including at least 3 years of experience in the operations of surface production facilities and wells.
•Experience with Commissioning, Start-up, Shut-down, Trouble shooting and Emergency Handling of Process Operations
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office:Excel, Word and Power point and aptitude for learning new software packagesComputerized Maintenance Management System –SAP or equivalent English –upper intermediate (verbal& written)