Position title : Production Operations Technician –Power
Position status : Local
Position reports to : Production Shift Supervisor
Department : Operation
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and responsibilities :
* Perform electrical isolation based on the preventive maintenance plan or urgent total/ partial power isolation in case of emergencies
* Ensures the technical integrity of the plant electrical equipment
* Using test equipment & hand tools to diagnose locate & fix electrical problems.
* Checking & testing circuit breakers and replacing them where required.
* Daily inspection and monitoring for the running of power equipment, routine check log sheet.
* Connecting wires to circuit breakers, transformers and other components. Accountable for all electrical and general tasks relating to maintenance. Travelling to well locations and working both indoor and outdoor.
* Using tools & testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters & test lamps. * Administrative work like maintaining records and files and preparing reports.
* Cooperate with the maintenance team to carry out electrical isolation and de-isolation
* Monitors power and diesel consumption and seeks optimization.
* Working closely with the projects for punch listing, system walkthrough’s, handover and acceptance of power systems and electrical systems
* Inspect electrical components, such as transformers, cables , switchboards , busbars and circuit breakers
* Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
* Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
* Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
* Maintains and repairs large motors, equipment, and control systems in fields and substations.
* Troubleshoots electrical problems and remodeling typically repair and replace faulty
Qualification & Training requirements
Electrical Engineering degree.
5 years of relevant job experience within the oil & gas industry.
Good understanding of and demonstrable hands-on experience in all functional aspects of commissioning, production and process of oil & gas.
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
English -Upper Intermediate .
MS Office: Advanced (Excel, Power Point, Word).
CMMS SAP or equivalent such as Maximo