Rotation pattern 7/7
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe and proper operation of a power plant, switchyard and associated control structures. Using local automatic/manual modes of operation, starts, stops, synchronizes and regulates power and reactive loads on Diesel and Gas turbine-generators.
- Issues clearances and performs switching and clearing of generator, transmission lines and station service switchgear. Maintains power-plant operating log and prepares power generation and transmission equipment operating reports. Prepares equipment malfunction reports, makes inspections and from observation, determines whether equipment is operating properly.
- Operates power plant auxiliary systems such as Fuel System, utility system, HVAC systems, lighting systems, telephone and radio communication systems, station battery, etc. Performs first line maintenance of equipment.
- Communicate with systems operators to regulate and coordinate transmission loads and frequencies, and line voltages
- Examine and test electrical power distribution machinery and equipment, using testing devices.
- Maintain records and log book entries, and communicate with other plant personnel, in order to assess equipment operating status. Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies
- Report to Production Diesel Specialist/ PG&D Supervisor.
- Maintain all operation activities in a safe and efficient manner. Perform electrical isolation based on the preventive maintenance plan or urgent total/ partial power isolation in case of emergencies.
- Daily inspection and monitoring for the running of power equipment, routine check log sheet.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Cooperate with the maintenance team to carry out electrical isolation and remove the electrical isolation.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems and remodelling typically repair and replace faulty equipment.
- Monitors power and diesel consumption and seeks optimization.
Qualification & Training requirement
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Science
- Three years of power plant operation
- Must have highly developed observation skills to anticipate and detect operational anomalies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a team, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Power Generation and Distribution in Oil & Gas Industry
- 4 years of experience in Diesel & Gas Turbine Power Generation and Distribution
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
- Excel – Intermediate
- Word – Intermediate
- Power Point – Intermediate
- English – upper intermediate (verbal & written)
- Ability to work as a team member, to make up and keep good cooperation relationship with the
- stake holders.
- Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
- Focus on continuous self-learning and improvement.
- Personal: Safety aware. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
- Proven supervisory skills, Communication skills, Presentation skills.
- Skill to make up and keep Personal Safety and others’ safety as an observer.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to take the training and self-study.
- Good physical fitness, ability to adapt to harsh environments.
- Ability to prepare the shift reports and technical reports to fully undertake the responsibilities.
- Skill to read the electrical drawing etc.
- Skill to operate all kinds of hand valves, MOVs, shutdown valves, etc.
- Skill to change over power with safe and smooth operation.
- Skill to do trouble shooting for abnormal equipment and modify the operation and raise the suggestions for improvement.
- Skill to isolate, de-isolate and Lock Out/Tag Out.
- Skill to check the HSE conditions inside the plant.
- Skill to hand over, report the duties to the superior.
- A time-served and suitably qualified electrician with extensive knowledge of electrical legislation, codes, and standards of practice.
- Experienced in installing, maintaining and testing electrical systems and equipment in domestic, commercial and industrial environments. Possessing an in depth knowledge of safety procedures for both construction and maintenance projects.
- Good basic knowledge of electrical.
- Familiar with product process and running principle, have abilities to deal with emergency incidents, which could keep production running safety, stable and without accidents.
- Know about emergency procedure and actions of accidents, with experience of coordination for safety accidents.