Position title : Inventory Analyst
Position status : Local National
Position reports to : Materials Manager
Department : C&P–Contracts & Procurement
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and responsibilities :
* Plans and supervises inventory control activities in the field, ensuring that stock items are kept at economic levels consistent with operational objectives. Ensures procedures are developed and updated for the amendment of stock levels in line with changing conditions and that requisition processing activities are carried out by written procedures. Assists in reviewing and authorizing the re-ordering of stock materials to ensure that quantity are kept at the optimum levels.
* Coordinates preparation of physical stock check records each month, review and investigate discrepancies, reports findings to the Section Head Material / Materials Manager, and follows up on approved stock adjustments. Initiates replacement requisitions for short items and amends orders raised for those found to be more than maximum stock levels.
* Initiates creation of new items in the Company materials control system and/or updating of files. Includes the accurate completion of related forms including information on stores references, and maximum and minimum reorder levels of stock.
* Coordinates and participates in periodic inventories to verify that stock records tally with physical stock. Investigates shortages/overages and recommend corrective action. Prepares recommendations to reduce/dispose of over-stocked materials. Ensures that all documents related to stock movement, description, and vocabulary, are properly filed and that documents related to stock movements are dispatched to receiving parties.
* Initiates the disposal of assets and materials write-offs in assigned field areas in conjunction with other cost centers. Includes directing the identification and recording of obsolete equipment and parts, identification of serviceable/usable materials in the assigned field area not assigned to a particular cost center, recommending salvage or disposal, and preparing related reports as appropriate.
•Higher secondary certificate or equivalent with 5 years’ experience in material handling and stock control/ inventory analyzing including knowledge of oil/gas-relatedmaterials and materials coding systems. Some experience working in a multicultural environment.
•Fluency in Englishand Arabic.
•Experience in the use of computer-based, MS office& inventory control systems.
•SAP MM experience is preferable.
•Well-versedwith MS office applications
•Good Communication •Male candidates are only considered.
•Knowledge of the specific’s Materials management activities.
•70% of the time is spent in the yard area; exposed to prevailing weather conditions of heat and humidity.
•30% of the time is spent in the Warehouse office for documentation, confirmation of transactions,and planning job-relatedactivities and correspondences.