Position title : Instrument Engineer
Position status : LN
Position reports to : E&I team lead
Department : SP
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and Responsibilities (will includebut are not limited to) :
* Understand work and selection principle of common instruments e.g. flow meter, level meter, thermometer, pressure meter etc.,
* Familiar with monomer instrument debugging,
* Familiar with the principle of P&ID, instrument control systems, including FGS, FAS, PCS, ESD, SIS and have experience in joint commissioning in large oil and gas projects,
* Understand work principle of transformer, low-voltage switchgear, highvoltage switchgear, UPS, motor and frequency converter,
* Familiar with debugging of electrical equipment, have an experience in electrical integration commissioning in large oil and gas projects,
* Familiar with 33/132kV OHTL, have a construction experience in the power grid, GTG power plant, or Step-up/Step-down Substation,
* Good communication skills with a good interface between various entities of the project team, Participation in all multi-functional activities like site preparation, site protection, particularly installation & commissioning,
* Responsible for overseeing & reviewing the EPC contractor & subcontractors’ electrical and instrument package deliverables to ensure that they are within the specification, assist in the preparation, review & documentation like ITP, QA / QC procedures, Quality plan etc., related to the project,
* Based on monitoring/inspection, issue and follow up on non-conformity reports (NCR), Corrective action requests (CARs) and preventive action requests (PAR’s),
* Ensure the implementation of approved ITP, QCP, inspection and test procedures developed by contractor and approved by company
* Reviewing final QC dossiers as per project specification and providing inputs if any.
* Provide technical support for procurement of related equipment and materials, push forward the manufacturing and transportation progress, and participate in entrance inspection and acceptance check;
* Provide the conceptual and basic engineering solution for any modification for clients.
* Communicate with other disciplines like process, mechanical, piping, civil, structure and safety, complete engineering documents review, construction plan development, investigation, construction supervision, acceptance check etc. related with electrical and instrument;
* Communicate with design contractor and review design documents; particularly make drawings for some projects;
* Participate in the preparation of tender documents, evaluation and other related work. like ITT, budget, etc., related to the tender.
Qualification & Training requirements
•Electrical Engineer or Instrument Engineer
•Computer literate –in particular MS Office.
•E&I speciality knowledge
•Personnel Management Skills
8years of working in E&Iwith minimum of 5years in Oil & Gas projects
Language Proficiency, Computer and Software Skills
•MS Office: Excel, Word and Powerpoint–Advanced
•Auto-CAD skill–Can establish electrical Single Line Diagram
•Any other software as may be available from time to time
•English –Excellent (Spoken & Written)