The Power station Supervisor is responsible for Operation and Maintenance of Diesel Generating Sets (CAT) to ensure day-to-day (24/7/365) power availability without any power interruption to FOC (Field Operation Centre). Scope covers CAT Diesel Generators sets, its auxiliary system, switchgear, power distribution, building HVAC System, Fire Alarm System and control system.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring safety at the highest priority in the workplace.
• Manage, supervise, O&M staffs for the day-to-day (24/7/365) operations and maintenance of CAT Diesel power generator station, its auxiliary systems, powerhouse facility, paralleling and electrical substation and power distribution system.
• Carry out Preventative and corrective maintenance of Building HVAC System and Fire alarm System
• Take appropriate actions to ensure safe, efficient and sustainable plant reliability.
• Supervise and manage multi-skilled operations and maintenance team members like DG Operators, Diesel Technician, Electrical Technician, HVAC Specialist, Fire Alarm Technicians
• Supervises the maintenance of plant records and prepares periodic and special activity reports. Follow site operation maintenance safety procedure. Able to identify the centrical risk in the plant
• Ensure maintenance activities are prepared/executed in accordance with HSE requirements
• Monitor, operate, and maintain Diesel Generators, and Gas Turbine Generators sets from Generation to Distribution.
• Reads and records daily data from the DG, completes required paperwork (e.g. equipment logs, Energy readings …etc.);
• Reporting day by day activities during, analyzing the repeated failures and set the mitigation plan to improve the power reliability availability.
• Conducts routine check-ups of all equipment and units to ensure the proper functioning in accordance with standard operating procedure and conditions.
• Able to monitor and operate Diesel Engines, Generators, Generators circuit Breakers, switchgear and Protection system.
• Appling black start procedure and managing the power demand based on available power generation and upgrade plan.
• SAP work orders reviewing and maintenance notification raising.
• Electrical Engineering strategy, plans, reliability processes and reliability measures.
• Supervise electrical and diesel generators services team performance for the corrective and preventive maintenance for all the electrical equipment in the plant.
• Review electrical engineering drawings and refer issues requiring changes.
• Assign job tasks and work as per electrical service schedules.
• Recommend effective solutions specified particular weight related to employment status of employees.
• Provide information on modification on work policies, safety regulations, electrical codes and specifications.
• Review proposed designs and specifications.
• Provide options and recommendations relating to maintenance and repair issues
• Prepare the maintenance procedures and specifications according to Company strategies
• Managing the HVAC system daily activities by reviewing the daily maintenance activities with the HVAC specialist and make sure spares are in place.
• Managing the F&G system daily activities by reviewing the daily maintenance activities with the F&G specialist and make sure spares are in place.
• Select the equipment spare parts and give support in their procurement management.
• Promote and assure the continuous improvement of the maintenance processes following field feedbacks
Qualification & Training requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
• Technical certifications and trainings.
• Minimum of 10-year Operation & Maintenance of Diesel power Generator station preferably CAT 20MW and above capacity, its auxiliary, control, power evacuation, transmission, distribution systems, Building HVAC System and Fire alarm System
• International Exposure to with working multi-cultural teams working in International O&G companies,
Computer and software skills
– Excel – advanced
– Word – Intermediate
– Power Point – Intermediate
• Proficiency in SAP system (Materials & Maintenance Modules)
• Proficiency in English verbal & written.
• Experience in operation & maintenance of CAT Diesel Generation sets, High Voltage & Low Voltage Electrical power generation, transmission and distribution Systems and Equipment. • Extensive knowledge in Electrical Safety & Electrical Safety Operating Procedures. • Promotes teamwork and actively participates in quality improvement process. • Promotes safety awareness and complies with all applicable safety procedures and regulations.
• Proven motivational, supervisory skills along with communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences.
• Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage on Electrical/Mechanical maintenance with operation & other engineering disciplines.