Position title : Fire& Gas Specialist
Position status : LN
Position reports to : Instrument Supervisor
Department : Maintenance
Rotation pattern : 14/14
Duties and responsibilities :
* Ensure that all fire and gas detectors activities are carried out in accordance with safe working practices and adhere to site safety regulations and practices.
* Leading a team of fire and gas technicians and vendors in the execution of fire and gas detectors activities.
* Installation, maintain and repair the wide variety of fire and gas equipment installed throughout the operation area.
* The type of detectors would be conversant with are optical and ionization detectors, ultraviolet and infrared flames detectors, particle beam detectors, Toxic and combustible gas detectors.
* Understanding of interlock and logic control which is now controlling most of the fire protection and detectors
* Troubleshooting of fault/alarms and rectified, record any modification of electronics/electrical drawings and diagrams.
* Make maintenance reports on any preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
* Carried out the Fire& Gas detectors annual calibration compliance with standard procedure.
* Inspect, maintain and test all fire alarm equipment on site, and replaces defective components as needed,
* Responsibilities will potentially include providing automation support on various shifts and remote off-hour coverage support for trouble call-out.
* Manage daily call activity and program system products, including networking and programming
* Performs installation service repairs and testing on electronic fire alarm systems
* Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers Fire/Life Safety Systems including Simplex & NOTIFIER.
Qualification & Training requirements:
•HND Diploma(3 years) in Engineering-Instrumentation/ electrical/ automation.
•Fire& Gas Detectors and control systemrelated training and certificate
•8 years of relevant job experience within the oil & gas industry.
•5 years Fire& Gas systemrelated work experience
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
•MS Office:-Excel –advanced-Word –Intermediate-Power Point -Intermediate
•SAP –intermediate•English –upper intermediate (verbal & written)
•Proven supervisory skills
•Focus on continuous self-learning and improvement
•Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
•Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage cost data flow interfaces with each function.
•Demonstrable experience in the ability to prepare meaningful reports, in clear and concise English, utilizing information and data received from third parties, SAP (or equivalent system) and own analyses