Job title Field Production Technologist
Reports to WRFM TL
Work Schedule 28/28 (LN)
Department PE Department
Field Production Technologist is part of the Well Reservoir Facilities Management (WRFM) section in the
Petroleum Engineering Department. The primary job purpose is to ensure technical support to wells
performance, close monitoring and maintain well integrity, respond to production planning and reservoir
engineers requests for well deliverability and optimization decisions on site.
Duties and responsibilities
● Daily production of well performance, spot anomalies, diagnose well production issues and
performance monitoring according to well operating envelope.
● Monitor and manage well integrity to minimize deferment and ensure HSE policies compliance in a
safe working environment.
● Daily monitoring of workover activities (hoist, Rigless-perforation, stimulation, clean up, tie-in,
opening up etc.).
● Production enhancement and optimization strategy evaluation and implementation.
● Recommend well recompletion/well intervention activities, supervise on site.
● Provide support to other groups for well intervention, generate proposal, data acquisition, drilling and
● Coordinate and conduct completion meetings, internally and externally (other department and
● Conduct well and reservoir review, present recommendation to team and stakeholders as required
● Ensure integration and consistency between engineering and geological interpretations by close
collaboration with reservoir engineer and production planners, petrophysicists, geologists,
geophysicist, operations and facilities engineers.
● Peer review less experienced team members.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering or engineering from
an accredited and recognized university
2. Previously working in a multi-cultural and multi-nationalities team
3. Knowledge of well completion, intervention, drilling and workover procedures and regulations
4. Oil and Gas, Wells design and integrity monitoring and management from conceptual and
construction until abandonment
1. Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with an operator.
2. Experience in both Clastic and Carbonate reservoirs production strategies.
3. Previously working in a multi-cultural and multi-nationalities team, international experience.
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
1. Must be able to speak upper intermediate and above English. Arabic is an advantage.
2. Experience and Knowledge of advanced level Nodal analysis especially using Integrated Production
System Model (IPSM) modelling software.
3. Experience in other petroleum engineering standard software (intermediate level): PI, Eclipse, PVTSim
1. Good communication and analytical skills are essential.
2. Eagerness to learn and develop own skills
3. Must have a HSSE driven mindset
4. The ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds will be essential.
5. Ability to quickly determine the optimal production solution, with often conflicting or missing data or
6. Experience and good understanding of completion, workover, stimulation design, well test analysis,
production forecast and artificial lifts.
7. Experience in supervising operations of production enhancements, well completion, intervention and
workover procedures and regulations.
8. Proven wells integrity monitoring and management from drilling, production until abandonment.
9. Good diagnostic skills are required to troubleshoot problems.