Job title Drilling Supervisor （LN)
Work Schedule 14/14 Rotation
Reports to Wells Operations Team Lead
Plans, coordinates and directs the activities of the Wells Operations Section at the rig site.
Includes the provision of direction and guidance to Rig operations, logistics, junior staff
wells Engineer and drilling supervisors and coordinates all activities between Wells
Operations and the support groups. Has direct functional responsibility for the start-up
and safe procedures of the rig operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Operational and HSE Site supervision of Drilling activities.
● Supports Rig audits to check operational and HSE performance.
● Review Risk assessment and risk mitigation plans for drilling programs.
● Attends morning rig operations meeting – review operations, allocate tasks, update
teams on project deliverables, safety initiatives, forward plans
● Monitor, record and review operational performance, capture and apply lessons learned
to future Drilling Programs.
● Maintain Well Barrier diagrams – review and update for drilling activities including
raising and approving deviations to standards.
● Maintain register of Contract compliance status and Well Control equipment
compliance with competence and certification.
● Contract Management of Integrated Well Delivery Services contractor for all rig related
activities including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual operational and HSE
reporting and performance reviews.
● Confirming wells delivered to contract quality specifications.
● Support for contract tender preparation, evaluation, award, start up and close out as
required, including audits of equipment, facilities, planning and execution of rig
● Prepare the look ahead work plan, confirm people, equipment and material availability
● Roll-out of HSE initiatives for prevention of accidents and incidents
● Incident and accident investigation, reporting and follow-up remedial action close out.
● Mentor junior staff in support of their development plans.
● To assist DSV at the rig site in case of any significant event occurrence (well control
event, stuck pipe, losses, fishing, etc.).
● To assist DSV at the rig site during key operations (running liner, cementing, etc.)
● To coach less experienced DSV on operations, HSE, Procedures, daily tasks, providing
● To assist Wells Operations Team Leads with rig operations supervision, locations visits,
operational procedures, material tracking when required.
● Identify, develop and implement operational improvement opportunities.
● Work on drilling KPIs tracking and improvement.
Qualification & Training Requirements
● B.Sc. Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
● At least 5 years’ experience of accomplishment in a similar position.
● Valid IWCF Certification Supervisor Level-4.
Language Proficiency, Computer and Software Skills
● Fluency in English and effective communication (verbal/written), organizational and
● Intermediate on working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
● Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to work to client charter values.