Rotation pattern 14/14
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan, Execute and Monitor Preventive Maintenance (Electrical and Mechanical) with utmost quality and HSE compliance for complete DG Package including main Engine, Alternator, auxiliary systems and it’s Electrical and control System.
- Carry out Top overhaul and Major overhaul of complete Diesel Generator Package according to OEM recommendation including main Engine, Alternator , auxiliary systems and it’s Electrical and control System.
- Carry out predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, failure analysis and come out with recommendation for recurring failure.
- Diesel engine diagnostics, Generator Load Testing, Generator commissioning, fault finding, generator electrical repairs
- Ensure that all generators Engine, Generator, Electrical and control systems are kept in good order and are regularly inspected and maintained.
- Provide emergency call out services for generators across The field oil field.
- Create a professional service report after each job in SAP System
- Develop knowledge and expertise in order to advise Local technician
- Assume responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of works on site and shop
- Follow up all diesel generator spare parts stock balance. Follow up the inventory safety stock quantities, min/max quantities, land long lead items.
- Review maintenance procedures, job plans, standing instruction, operating manuals, and to update company manuals for safe maintenance and operation.
- Prepare and plan in details all inspection activities, planned maintenance, major overhauls, and maintenance jobs during planned shutdowns and forced shutdowns. Define and follow up all required resources to perform the maintenance activities.
- Regular contact at all levels from Supervisors to Section Heads with Operations and Maintenance Divisions.
- Up on Technical need contact with the equipment suppliers and sub- contractors.
- Works independently and according to technical established procedures, professional Engineering standards.
Qualification & Training requirements
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Diesel Specialist/ Service Engineer role
- 7 years as Diesel Specialist/ Service Engineer with OEM or authorized Agent in field or shop for Diesel Generator Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, overhauling and commissioning and testing including Electrical and control system not limited to Engine.
- Experience in CAT, Cummins, Perkins, FG Wilson, Doosan make DG sets or similar.
Language proficiency, computer and software skills
- Excel – advanced
- Word – Intermediate
- Power Point – Intermediate
- SAP – intermediate
- English – upper intermediate (verbal & written)
- An expert knowledge of Diesel Generators
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Proven supervisory skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Focus on continuous self-learning and improvement
- Ability to work cohesively and communicate successfully in multi-cultural teams whilst being aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
- Ability to communicate, co-ordinate, and manage cost data flow interfaces with each function
- Good problem solving, decision making and analytical skill with attention to details